A tragic occurrence in a workplace setting such as an unexpected critical incident or traumatic situation can greatly affect an organization’s staff and community. Daily reminders of a person who passed away while on company grounds, for example, may set off a plethora of thoughts and emotions. It may become tough for coworkers to focus, and performance and attendance may drop. A forum will be needed for the expression of shared grief.
As numerous companies across the Greater Houston Area have coped with death in the workplace, robberies, acts of violence, etc., a business dealing with any of these matters can seek trained crisis responders to deliver Onsite Critical Incident Response Services.
Grief Recovery Center is readily available to provide on-site grief support to help people cope. Their clinical staff will tailor a response that suits the specific setting. Providing compassion and information to grieving employees allows the community to begin to heal. They have incorporated the following onsite services:
– On-site grief support in the early days following a fatality
– Grief education specific to the business
– Follow-up grief support groups
On top of that, GRC also offers onsite trauma intervention and debriefings, grief and response services, individual EAP Counseling sessions and leadership consultation.
There are a number of real benefits of having on-site counseling for your employees. One benefit is that you can show your employees that you care about their well-being and their ability to do their jobs in a flourishing way. Another benefit is that employees will feel assisted on a regular basis and will be more open to mentioning their concerns with management with the help and direction of a licensed therapist. Human Resource departments all over the world are utilizing workplace support like on-site counseling to ensure workplace wellness and work productivity. When employees are distracted by life’s problems or are feeling confused with their assignments, they can not function at peak condition.
Workplace counseling can help lessen stressors and assist employees to get back to doing a job well done. What’s more, should a tragedy or critical incident occur at work, on-site counseling can help employees recover faster and better to return to work than if on-site counseling was not provided to them.
GRC will highly recommend strategies that a company can introduce to assist in employees recovery from the critical incident or traumatic event. During and after the debriefing process, these onsite counselors will identify and refer those employees needing extra counseling and assistance.
Around today’s landscape, delivering compassion and knowledge to grieving employees coping with workplace trauma and loss is what makes the difference between an okay workplace and a great workplace.
NEW SERVICE AREA: KATY, TX
Use this map to get to our Houston location
- Grief Recovery Center Expands On-Site Debriefing Services in Houston Tx - November 8, 2019
- How To Cope With Career-Related Grief - October 29, 2019
- What is the Difference Between Bipolar disorder and Depression? - October 15, 2019
- How to Cope with the Loss of a Pet - September 26, 2019
- How to Manage Moving Grief - September 12, 2019
- How Companies Benefit from On Site Counseling Services in Greater Houston, Tx - August 29, 2019
- How to Decide If Family Counseling Is Right for You - August 28, 2019
- Therapist Group Expands Couples Counseling Services in Houston, Tx - August 19, 2019
- 8 Things You Can Do To Help Prevent Childhood Sexual Abuse - August 15, 2019
- 6 Ways Neurotic Behaviors May Manifest in Your Life - July 31, 2019