Grief Recovery Center of Houston often sees clients who battle with trauma and emotional distress on a continuous basis. A specific mental health condition they specialize in treating is Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Falling under the umbrella of trauma, PTSD is triggered by a terrifying event – either experiencing it or
witnessing it. As one of the leading PTSD Therapists in Houston, Asma Rehman states, “Many Houstonians who experience traumatic events, might have short-term difficulty adjusting and coping, however with our treatment options, time, and good self-care, they have positive opportunities to get better.”
Symptoms in relation to PTSD can show within one month of experiencing the traumatic event, but at times, symptoms may not exhibit themselves until years after the event. Such symptoms cause noticeable problems in a variety of situations, such as social and/or work environments, along with relationships. These symptoms can also affect one’s ability to go about normal daily tasks.
To combat this mental health condition, Grief Recovery Center has been utilizing EMDR Therapy, which stands for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. It is a form of psychotherapy technique that is unique in helping individuals heal from (or process) distress associated with memories of traumatic events. In EMDR and PTSD therapy sessions, their licensed counselors help clients to naturally cope with the unsettling feelings of trauma and anxieties, while learning strategies to heal correctly.
Through the 8 phases of EMDR Therapy Treatment, with sessions lasting around 60 to 90 minutes, studies have shown this form of PTSD Treatment can significantly help by utilizing the benefits of psychotherapy, opposed to other methods that took years to make a difference. EMDR has shown such great results, that it is now recognized as an effective form of treatment for trauma and other disturbing experiences by organizations such as the American Psychiatric Association, the World Health Organization and the Department of Defense.
To make an appointment or to gather more details on treating PTSD and other trauma-related conditions, Grief Recovery Center can be reached by the sending in a message via the company’s website or by phone.
- 7 Ways to Remember Someone at the Holidays - November 27, 2019
- The Mind-Body Connection: How Anxiety Effects Your Physical Health - November 14, 2019
- Grief Recovery Center Expands On-Site Debriefing Services in Houston Tx - November 8, 2019
- How To Cope With Career-Related Grief - October 29, 2019
- What is the Difference Between Bipolar disorder and Depression? - October 15, 2019
- How to Cope with the Loss of a Pet - September 26, 2019
- How to Manage Moving Grief - September 12, 2019
- How Companies Benefit from On Site Counseling Services in Greater Houston, Tx - August 29, 2019
- How to Decide If Family Counseling Is Right for You - August 28, 2019
- Therapist Group Expands Couples Counseling Services in Houston, Tx - August 19, 2019